Blog Archive

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Never Never Give Up / Part 11

The Consequences of Drinking and Driving.

This is a true story of a drunk driver. He has given permission to write his story in the hopes that if one soul might be spared heartache, All Glory to God. I am part of the story. I am the wife. Lets face it, this is a major problem in the world today. Some places are more ramped then others. There is no color, race, creed, age or profession that has been immune to drinking and driving. Most of us have heard or know of the most horrific stories of loss and despair around alcohol.
The drinker knows of horrific loss and still makes a choice to get into the vehicle and drive. It is a very selfish choice. It  is but for the Grace of God that many years ago when I drank, I did drive. I am heartfelt and very  grateful I never physically hurt anyone.  It is a miracle I did not get DUI's, and plenty of them. The laws were lesser punishment in those times. I truly believe I had angels covering those on the road near my very ereally hard to face.
 I know and yet I was so grateful my husband got caught and no one was hurt or injured. He was spared an accident on both DUI's. There were  many days prior to the DUI I felt I could not stand any longer. I was drained.  needed help. I knew about enabling, and the alanon principles. It is by HIS grace I am standing and moving forward with my life. My husband is n jail. He went to treatment after his DUI and believed he would be spared jail and get one over on the system but his own thinking is his worst enemy. I know it because I am married to HIM. Because he put the cork in the bottle for a few months he thought he had it covered but God in his Grace and Mercy rescued David. He rescued me.
I am here to give you hope and promise. God can turn all things for good for those that love him. Alcohol is like a tornado that comes in to wipe out everything.  All of the family is affected. I have three published stories around the painful years of living with an alcoholic and pill popper in denial. David took his first drink after 13 years of sobriety. It lasted for 4 to 5 years. There is hope,,,,
http://hubpages.com/hub/never-never-give-up

No comments:

To Love Larger

To Love Larger
He Can

Sharing the Love Headline Animator

Sharing the Love